SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wino Wednesday| California 37 Cabernet Sauvignon

My husband picks out most of my wine - although he doesn't drink it - and crazy enough he always does a good job and picks out some pretty awesome wines!  The label of this wine caught his attention and as he read the description, he knew it was something I'd like to try. While reading the label he saw that the makers of the wine were from the rock band Train.  Actually, the name of their red wine  is called Drops of Jupiter which I thought was pretty cool, that was one of my favorite songs back in the day.


California 37 was a pretty good wine for the price ($15).  It was easy to drink and had a certain sweetness to it.  I paired it with dinner which was a roasted chicken, sauteed kale with onions and diced tomatoes and garlic rice pilaf (if you haven't made this rice yet, you need to - it's so delicious).  I like a wine with a deep red color and this one sure had the color factor.  Here are the wine maker's notes:

While on the Save Me San Francisco Wine Company's website,  I learned that part of the proceeds from their wine Train donates Family House, a nonprofit organization providing temporary housing to families of seriously ill children. If that's not a reason to drink some vino, what is?!


The adorable Jessie from Jessie's Design and I decided to join forces this Wino Wednesday, so hop on over to her blog to see what wine she's digging this week! 

....And if you're still thirsty and like prosecco Jillan at Cornflake Dreams is featuring a yummy one on her blog today!


Have a great day!


post signature
Ashley said...

Love that this company gives back to a cause. I’ll have to pick up a bottle!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

So I have the Drops of Jupiter one and can't bring myself to drink it. I have no idea why because 1) it's not like it was $100 and 2) I could get another bottle. But, no, it just sits in my wine rack collecting dust. And it's that and a bottle of wine for my mama only in that rack because I usually don't keep the stuff around long enough!

birdie to be said...

Fun label & story! That's for the recommendation.

Pink and Fabulous said...

I have to try this! Cabs are my favorite and I will always go for the charitable brand. Good choice, as always!

Lizzie @ This Happy Life said...

I am dying for some wine!!! Love that this goes towards a good cause!

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

Always open to try new yummy reds -- thanks for the recommendation :)

Unknown said...

awww thanks for the shout out! you are the BEST! i always pick out wine with pretty labels :) :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

JMO said...

yum and yum- it would totally be acceptable for me to taste test this now right? haha Thanks for having me!!!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny your husband chooses your wine but doesn't drink it. That is also quite convenient for you ha. Love it!

Alexa said...

Ooh going to give this one a try! Always looking for wine recs!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

Thanks for sharing! Will have to be on the lookout for this!

Jaclyn Y said...

I've never seen this one before, I'll for sure be looking out for it to give it a try!

The Modern Tulip said...

I bought a wine by Train recently and I've yet to try it. I love that your hubby picks out your wine and knows you so well :)