SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

It's The Little Things {Link Up}

Something that I'm always thankful for is family fun.  Moments where we can escape our normal day-to-day routines and just enjoy each other's company.  Although we're always with each other (including my husband since he's a fireman and has a couple of days off in between shifts) there's something about stepping out of the house and doing something that involves us spending quality time together.  I really see the difference in all of our personalities when we get out of our normal routine and do something extra fun.  One of my favorite things to do, that I've mentioned before is go for a walk on the beach and end up at our favorite taco stop on Tuesdays.  It almost feels like we're on vacation when we're walking on the beach and we always have the best time.  Family time is truly priceless!








Another little thing that makes me excited (... and maybe a little vain) a blow dryer!!  I hate my naturally curly hair - I like curly hair on others, just not me.  I find it to be so much easier to manage when it's straight!  This past weekend I washed my hair and left it curly and couldn't wait for the moment when I went to the salon and had them blow out my hair to my usual straight ways.  I'm so happy to feel "normal" again!!

Isn't that SO much better?!!


Have a great day!

post signature
Pink and Fabulous said...

I'm so with you on curly hair and wanting it done straight (by someone else!) but I really think the curls look great on you! I want to live where you live please!

birdie to be said...

Gorgeous pictures! Love your straight hair pic too, pretty girl!

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Love the blown out straight hair! I love to go to the salon and have them get it extra straight, too.

Diana [Life and Love Spoken Here] said...

I love Taco Tuesday...looks like you guys had a blast. The kiddies are so adorable xo :)

Sarah said...

Look at those views! I would totally feel like I was on vacation too!!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

I'm with you! Everyone's personalities improve when we switch things up and get out of the house! So refreshing! Love your hair! It's so much easier and quicker to leave it curly though. What do you normally use to straighten your own hair?

Jules @ If I had 100 Dollars said...

So jealous of those gorgeous pictures!

Morgan Sparks said...

That sunset is amazing!! What an adorable family you have!

Tiffany said...

I am so jealous of you for living near a beach. The closest thing we have is the Wisconsin river. Lol. I couldn't live without my blow dryer! So I totally get it! :-)

Lizzie @ This Happy Life said...

I also hate my natural curly hair, but find myself too lazy most days to blow dry and straighten in! :) A walk on the beach sounds absolutely amazing!!

Courtney said...

Taco Tuesday's on the beach?! HECK YES!

Loving the bangs on you girl. It looks awesome.

emily said...

Gorgeous photos!! Looks like such a fun day :) I love days like that! And your hair looks fabulous lady!! So shiny!! xx

Jaclyn Y said...

I am so jealous of these pictures, how I wish I could go for a stroll along the beach! The midwest sucks.

Megan at Megan Can said...

Your babies are SO beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Aw how cute is your family. Love your hair blown-out, but curly is so cute too!

Unknown said...

would LOOOVE to be on a beach! what a fun activity to do with the kiddos. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

I'm in the "has curly hair but wears it straight" club! I think you look gorgeous both ways, but I completely understand how nice it is to have it straight and more manageable :) I even straighten mine and then curl the ends, ha. My husband laughs at me, but the curl from a curling iron is tooooootally different than natural curls.

Katie Elizabeth said...

This is my kind of Tuesday!! And I feel you on the hair - mine naturally dries frizzy and wavy.. it's not curly and it's definitely not straight so I have to style it every time. I always wish I just had naturally straight hair!

JMO said...

You are beautiful!!

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

I feel you about curly hair. Also, I want to eat that taco really badly.

henning love said...

your hair is gorgeous!! i love my hair after a salon appointment

Court @ Sweet Home Alabamian said...

I have naturally curly hair too and LOATHE it. People who envy curly hair don't understand how much more manageable it is straight. AND I just can't help feel like a poodle!

Ally Harding said...

Gorgeous beach! Taco Tuesdays sounds like so much fun!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

Oh my gosh now I want a taco SO bad. Those look amazing. What part of Florida are you again? I miss the beach so much! It really does feel like a vacation when you're there.

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Exactly! Routines become so..routine. It is so much fun doing something different even if it is a simple different like a walk on the beach. So enjoyable! Esp if it ends in tacos.

Ashley Brickner said...

This looks like a dream!! And love your hair both ways!!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Tess said...

Ya, that looks like a perfect day. Joel and I lately have both been getting really frustrated with our weekly routine, and it just become so stale. We need to do something exactly like this. Thanks for the inspriation mama!

Unknown said...

You're so right about sometimes needing to make the effort to make a fun day. It's easy to get caught up in routines!

Visiting from the linkup.

The Modern Tulip said...

Ohhh you are making me dream of my vacation now! Only 36 days away thank goodness! This looked like a lovely vacation!

Hall Around Texas said...

Gorgeous pictures! Looks like a perfect time. And that sunset over the water is breathtaking. I think your hair looks good both curly and straight!