SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 6, 2014

The 5 Minute Face {Katie Elizabeth Guest Post}

I thought it would be fun to switch it up a bit this week and have the adorable Katie from the Katie Elizabeth blog here to share some makeup tips.  Katie's blog is a must read for great recipes and beauty tips!


Hi everyone!  I'm Katie from the Katie Elizabeth blog.  I write about a variety of topics including my life as a newlywed in Chicago, my favorite recipes and my love for any and all beauty products!  I'm so excited to be posting here on Kids and Cabernet today as I share my on-the-go 5 minute face.  A big thank you to Amanda for having me!


We all have those days where the morning escapes us and we don't have the time (or want to put in the effort) to get ready.  I'm a girly girl to the core and you'll never find me leaving the house without makeup on... so this 5 minute face is my perfect solution.  Even if you are just leaving the house to run errands, I believe putting on a bit of makeup can brighten your day!

After splashing some warm water on my face to wake me up (I have super dry skin so I don't wash my face in the morning, only at night), I apply an under eye cream and moisturizer.  Now I'm ready for my makeup!


I always, always, always wear primer.  I have a lot of redness in my skin so I use Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting primer.  Primer helps to fill in the fine lines on your face and provides a smooth, even finish that is noticeable even if you don't have any other makeup on.

Next up is a swipe of Benefit's Fake Up concealer under my eyes, around my nose and around my lips.  When I'm in a rush, I just use my ring finger to blend it in.

I then use a big fluffy brush to apply my MAC Studio Fix powder plus foundation all over my face and neck.

I don't look alive if I don't have some color on my face so I brush Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer onto my hairline and cheekbones.

For my eyes, I line the top lid only with Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Espresso.  I find that a brown color is much softer for a daytime, minimal look.  I then use Benefit's They're Real mascara.  One swipe is all it takes to really open up your eyes when you're short on time.

To finish off is one swipe of Buxom's lip gloss in the color "Katie" - so appropriate right?!  It's the perfect everyday light pink gloss.

And that's it!  It may seem like quite a few steps but I'm so used to this 5 minute face that I could do it with my eyes closed.  You always deserve to look your best and taking the 5 extra minutes to throw some makeup on is always worth it :)  Thanks again for having me, Amanda!

Kitty and June said...

Make-up Reviews are my favorite posts! I love seeing everyone's different products. Smashbox is the.best.primer. And it lasts forever!

Taylor Jeavons said...

I currently use liquid foundation, which seems to take a bit of time. I should try out the powder you're talking about! cutting my routine from 20 minutes to 5 would be awesomeeee

Tattered to Taylored

Ally Harding said...

Everyone should have a 5 minute face. Saves so much time and it always looks good! Love this post!

Carly said...

I have the 'Katie' gloss too and I love it! Also, I keep hearing such good things about Mac's powders-- definitely want to try one out for a quick makeup look :)

Pink and Fabulous said...

I have been wondering about the Smashbox primer. I need to try it!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

Love Katie + love make up! Benefit They're Real is my jam!! Xx.

Court @ Sweet Home Alabamian said...

Smashbox primer is awesome!