SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It's The Little Things Linkup + Wino Wednesday!!

Yesterday was such a great day.  We woke up, the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.  I decided right then that we should go to the beach and enjoy the weather seeing as it was going to be 79 degrees out and the humidity was low.  I convinced hubby (he's not a beach person - weird!) and off we went with the kiddos.  We had the best time playing in the sand, getting some sun, and finding seashells.  After we were done playing in the sand, we walked to a taco shack on the beach and had some Taco Tuesday action.  I love days when we can just enjoy each other's company and not worry about cleaning, laundry, errands and cooking.


Once we got home our friends came over, the kids all played and we had a yummy dinner of brown sugar encrusted salmon, sauteed brussel sprouts/green beans, and yellow rice.  My bff and I shared this amazing wine that J got for me at Costco, it's called Palo Alto.  It's a blend of Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvingnon, Carmenere and Petite Sirah from 2010.  It was such a smooth wine and had a nice smoky taste.  It was one of the best wines I've had in a while.

Here are the winemaker's notes "With intense, bright color, this wine seduces with fresh and full character aromas. Black fruit notes and elegant presence of wood stand out. In mouth it is smooth, balanced and full-bodied."




Have a great Wednesday!!

PS:  Have you entered my giveaway yet?  It's a good one :)








post signature
birdie to be said...

Gorgeous pictures! I miss beach days!

Hall Around Texas said...

How nice that you live close to the beach! I would love to pack up my little guy and spend a day at the beach...but for us the closest one is about 4 hours. :) Adorable pictures!

JMO said...

ohhh maaan that ocean pic is gorgeous!! I'm bragging about being at 60 degrees and look at you! haha love it!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh, my kind of Tuesday! Yesterday we booked our flights to Florida for our trip in April so that was the highlight of my day! And brown sugar crusted salmon?? Please share!!

Christina McGuire said...

#welivewherepeoplevacation

:)

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

THE BEACH?! Oh my NYC living self is GREEN! haha :) And I want the recipe for that brown sugar crusted salmon! OMG, yum! Xx.

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

Oh man, I miss the beach! I'm so, so, so sick of looking out the window to a white sea of SNOW. That salmon sounds really delicious, too.

Zoe {The Latina Lens} said...

So jealous that you get to go to the beach! I need to move away from all this snow!

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Yes, I am so jealous, too. That looks beautiful. What beach is that?

Sarah said...

SO jealous of the beach! Looks amazing. I am a new follower- Can't wait to read more and get to know you!

Sarah said...

Hi lady! New to your blog and your family is adorable! I think I stared at the beach pics though for wayyyy too long as I'm still staring at snow out my front window. UGH! Have a great week... I'm off to enter your giveaway right now. Hope you'll stop by!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Taco Tuesday? count me in.. and that wine sounds delish. I recently watched that documentary on sommeliers and now I totally read the wine makers notes.

Alexa said...

Ah looks so fun. Nothing like a beach day with the fam.

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

That sounds like the BEST day. I love beach days. That's what I miss the most now that we left Miami!!

Pink and Fabulous said...

That sounds and looks like such a perfect day! Yay for you guys getting to do that - that is the best!! Cheers to Wino Wednesday!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

I love love love the fact that you are so close to the beach...well love and am a tad bit jealous. =) What a great day with the fam!

TeriA said...

Great post! I'm a new follower on Bloglovin' from the mom-lovin' hop! Nice to "meet" you! Teri @ A Beautiful Little Life