SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 3, 2014

[Guest Post] Quick Makeup Routine

Good morning!  I hope you all had a great weekend and had tons of fun watching the Super Bowl! Wasn't the Halftime Show awesome?!  Today I have one of my favorite bloggers - Lindsay, to guest post while we're out of town.  If you haven't checked out her blog yet, pay her a visit - I'm sure you'll love it too!

Hi everybody! I'm Lindsay and I blog over at Pink and Fabulous! I'm a mom of two, a little bit of a shopaholic, and a wine lover, like my girl Amanda.  I am usually short on time, but like to leave the house looking presentable, which includes throwing on what makeup I can.  I have mastered the art of a quick face and thought I would share my go-to products for getting my look together in a flash!
1. ||  2.  ||  3.  ||  4.  ||  5.  ||  6.

I have been using Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer on and off for years and always come back to it.  It is lightweight, with good coverage, and on its own can make me feel ready enough to leave the house!  FYI I prefer the Illuminating for the extra glow it gives you.  I love Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift because it does the job of de-puffing, covering dark circles, and illuminating - three necessary steps for me on a daily basis.  For a quick eye, I dab on some of my Mac Paint Pot in Bare Study for the perfect even, neutral eye.  It also works as a great base, helping eye shadow stay on all day!  Nars the Multiple in Orgasm is one of the most perfect makeup items ever made.  I typically use it as a blush/highlighter, but have also put it on my lids as a shimmery shadow and on my lips.  It is the most bang for your buck in any single beauty product I have ever tried.  The Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette is my newest eye shadow obsession! I think this is by far my favorite of the three palettes, with all of the colors able to be worn individually - perfect for a time crunch! I usually just pick one and put it on over my paint pot, finish with a curl of my eyelashes, and a swipe of my favorite mascara  (L'Oreal Voluminous) and I am ready to go! 
So there you have it!  That is my daily routine, mastered after too much practice, and my absolute favorite products.  I would love to hear what you all love and use in a hurry!  And a big thank you Amanda, for having me!  I hope you're having a fabulous vacation!


post signature
Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Well shoot another great review for Laura Mercier tinted moist...I think it's about time I try it. I love tinted moisturizers! Just not sure if they will still work to cover my obvious preggo mask! =)

Unknown said...

I love the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer but when my dark circles worsened I switched to Too Faced and it's just a good. I love your routine, so simple. I've never tried the MAC paint pots, definitely going to check it out.

Unknown said...

I love the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer but when my dark circles worsened I switched to Too Faced and it's just a good. I love your routine, so simple. I've never tried the MAC paint pots, definitely going to check it out.

Kitty and June said...

I love Nars-will have to try this one out! I'm a sucker for a multiple use product!